Terms & Conditions
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Charges for services to be provided by STIFF GROUP, LLC are defined in the project quotation that the Client receives via e-mail. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. STIFF GROUP, LLC reserves the right to alter or decline to provide a quotation after expiry of the 30 days.
Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of thirty three (33) percent of the project quotation total before the work is supplied to the Client for review. A second charge of thirty three (33) percent is required after the development stage, with the remaining thirty three (33) percent of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to upload to the server or release of materials.
Payment for services is due by cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to STIFF GROUP, LLC and sent to STIFF GROUP, LLC, Suite 7J Lakeland Business Park, Lamplugh Road, Cockermouth, Cumbria, CA13 0QT. Bank details will be made available on invoices.
STIFF GROUP, LLC will provide the Client with an opportunity to review the appearance and content of the website during the design phase and once the overall website development is completed. At the completion of the project, such materials will be deemed to be accepted and approved unless the Client notifies STIFF GROUP, LLC otherwise within ten (10) days of the date the materials are made available to the Client.
Turnaround Time and Content Control
STIFF GROUP, LLC will install and publicly post or supply the Client’s website by the date specified in the project proposal, or at date agreed with Client upon STIFF GROUP, LLC receiving initial payment, unless a delay is specifically requested by the Client and agreed by STIFF GROUP, LLC.
In return, the Client agrees to delegate a single individual as a primary contact to aid STIFF GROUP, LLC with progressing the commission in a satisfactory and expedient manner.
During the project, STIFF GROUP, LLC will require the Client to provide website content; text, images, movies and sound files
Failure to provide the required website content:
STIFF GROUP, LLC is a small business, to remain efficient we must ensure that work we have programmed is carried out at the scheduled time. On occasions we may have to reject offers for other work and inquiries to ensure that your work is completed at the time arranged.
This is why we ask that you provide all the required information in advance. On any occasion where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame, and we are delayed as result, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. If your project involves Search Engine Optimisation we need the text content for your site in advance so that the SEO can be planned and completed efficiently.
If you agree to provide us with the required information and subsequently fail to do within one week of project commencement we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. Simply put, all the above condition says is do not give us the go-ahead to start until you are ready to do so.
NOTE: Text content should be delivered as a Microsoft Word, email (or similar) document with the pages in the supplied document representing the content of the relevant pages on your website. These pages should have the same titles as the agreed website pages. Contact us if you need clarification on this.
Using our content management system you are able to keep your content up to date your self.
Invoices will be provided by STIFF GROUP, LLC upon completion but before publishing the live website. Invoices are normally sent via email; however, the Client may choose to receive hard copy invoices. Invoices are due upon receipt. Accounts that remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of the higher of one and one-half percent (1.5%) or $30 per month of the total amount due.
Client agrees to reimburse STIFF GROUP, LLC for any additional expenses necessary for the completion of the work. Examples would be the purchase of special fonts, stock photography etc.
STIFF GROUP, LLC makes every effort to ensure websites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Websites are designed to work with the most popular current browsers (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Google Chrome, etc.). Client agrees that STIFF GROUP, LLC cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
STIFF GROUP, LLC cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client. As such, STIFF GROUP, LLC reserves the right to quote for any work involved in changing the website design or website code for it to work with updated browser software.
Accounts unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of invoice will be considered in default. If the Client in default maintains any information or files on STIFF GROUP, LLC’s Web space, STIFF GROUP, LLC will, at its discretion, remove all such material from its web space. STIFF GROUP, LLC is not responsible for any loss of data incurred due to the removal of the service. Removal of such material does not relieve the Client of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges assessed to the Client’s account. Cheques returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a return charge of £25 and the Client’s account will immediately be considered to be in default until full payment is received. Clients with accounts in default agree to pay STIFF GROUP, LLC reasonable expenses, including legal fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred by STIFF GROUP, LLC in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
Termination of services by the Client must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing. The Client will be invoiced for work completed to the date of first notice of cancellation for payment in full within thirty (30) days.
All STIFF GROUP, LLC services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold STIFF GROUP, LLC harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants STIFF GROUP, LLC the rights to publish and use such material. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting STIFF GROUP, LLC permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless STIFF GROUP, LLC from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions. A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to STIFF GROUP, LLC that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
Standard Media Delivery
Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, this Agreement assumes that any text will be provided by the Client in electronic format (ASCII text files delivered on floppy disk or via e-mail or FTP) and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided physically in high quality print suitable for scanning or electronically in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format. Although every reasonable attempt shall be made by STIFF GROUP, LLC to return to the Client any images or printed material provided for use in creation of the Client’s website, such return cannot be guaranteed.
A link to STIFF GROUP, LLC will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design. If a client requests that the design credit be removed, a nominal fee of 10% of the total development charges will be applied. When total development charges are less than £5000, a fixed fee of £500 will be applied. The Client also agrees that the website developed for the Client may be presented in STIFF GROUP, LLC’s portfolio.
If the Client’s website is to be installed on a third-party server, STIFF GROUP, LLC must be granted temporary read/write access to the Client’s storage directories which must be accessible via FTP. Depending on the specific nature of the project, other resources might also need to be configured on the server.
STIFF GROUP, LLC cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the Client’s pages once installed. Such alterations include, but are not limited to additions, modifications or deletions.
STIFF GROUP, LLC may purchase domain names on behalf of the Client. Payment and renewal of those domain names is the responsibility of the Client. The loss, cancellation or otherwise of the domain brought about by non or late payment is not the responsibility of STIFF GROUP, LLC. The Client should keep a record of the due dates for payment to ensure that payment is received in good time.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s signature below or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Payment online is an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
Social Media Management
Social Media Marketing and Management is defined as helping a client to promote their products or services through social media channels. Wombat Creative will honour the components of your chosen social media package, providing an agreement to a minimum 3 months contract is served and monthly payments are received in advance. In the event that payment is not received on time, we regret that further work will be halted until this is rectified.
This Agreement shall be governed by California Law.
STIFF GROUP, LLC hereby excludes itself, its Employees and or Agents from all and any liability from:
- Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
- Loss or damage caused by omission;
- Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
- Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
The entire liability of STIFF GROUP, LLC to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and the Agreement shall not be void for this reason alone. Such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable valid, legal and enforceable provision, which comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid,
Web Hosting Service Agreement
By using the website hosting services (hereinafter the “Services,” defined further below), you signify your agreement to the terms and conditions contained in this Website Hosting Agreement (hereinafter, the “Agreement”). This Agreement is between you, your organization (if you are entering into this Agreement on behalf of an organization), collectively referred to herein as “you” or “your” (and appropriate formatives) and STIFF GROUP, LLC, Inc. (“we”, “us” and “our”).
- These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time. Modifications made to this Agreement will become effective 30 days after the modifications are posted. This Agreement shall be posted through the interface which you use to configure and/or otherwise order the Services (the “Services Interface”). You agree that you will check the terms and conditions periodically and that, if you no longer agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, that you will stop using the Services and that you will terminate the Services as described below in paragraph 4.
- The Services consist of the website hosting package with the specific configuration which you selected or are going to select through the Services Interface as you use the Services. You acknowledge and understand that important service limitations (including bandwidth limitations and other capacity matrices), pricing (including pricing for optional Services, such as automatic capacity upgrade in the event of overage), the term of the Service, payment terms, and other conditions relating to the Services are conveyed through the Services Interface and are hereby incorporated into this Agreement.
- You are hereby informed that, if you use a credit card to pay for the Services, that the charge for the Services may appear under a name other than the name of us (the name being generally descriptive of the Services) and that, prior to contacting your credit card company in relation to such charges, that you will first contact us to verify the charges and the manner of billing. You agree that any chargeback by a credit card company (or similar action by another payment provider) of a charge related to the Services, for whatever reason, is a material breach of this Agreement and is grounds for termination. You further agree that, upon a chargeback by you, you agree and acknowledge that we may suspend your access to any account you have with us and your use of any domain names, websites, website content, email, or other data hosted on our systems. We will reinstate your rights solely at our discretion, and subject to our receipt of the fee owed and our then-current reinstatement fee, currently set at US$200.
- You agree that the Services shall be provided for the term you selected through the Services Interface. Unless you terminate the Services THROUGH THE SERVICES INTERFACE prior to the end of the then extant Services term, you agree that the Services may be renewed for another term of equal duration to the immediately preceding term and that the resulting fees shall be charged to the credit card associated with your account. You agree to hereby waive any requirement which might otherwise be imposed by law which would require that we obtain your affirmative consent for on-going billings and that your continuing consent to be billed for such renewal(s) may be presumed until such time as you terminate the Services through the Services Interface. You agree that attempts to terminate the Services other than through the Services Interface (such as by sending an email to a general email address of us) are not reliable means of communication and that such a termination attempt shall not binding until accepted and acknowledged by us. In relation to renewals, you further agree that it is your obligation to keep the credit card information associated with your account current and that we shall not be obligated to contact you to update such information in the event that the charges are denied.
- You agree that you may not downgrade (reduce) the bandwidth or other capacity matrices of the Services below the level of actual use of the Services which you experienced in the current or previous month.
- Your use of the Services may be suspended and/or this Agreement may be terminated if we determine that you are or are alleged to be violating the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any other agreement entered into by you and us. In the event of termination or suspension of Services under such circumstances, you agree a) that no pre-paid fees will be refunded to you and b) that we may take control of any domain name associated with the terminated Services, provided such domain name was registered through the domain name registration services of us. You understand that taking control of a domain name includes, without limitation, acts such as listing us as the “registrant” and/or “administrative contact” for the domain name and controlling the DNS settings for the domain name.
- We may elect to terminate this Agreement without cause and discontinue the Services upon 30 days notice, whereupon any pre-paid fees for an unused portion of a service term shall be refunded to you within a reasonable period of time. You further agree that, within 30 days of your initial enrolment to receive the Services, we may elect to terminate this Agreement without cause and that, in such event, the termination shall take effect immediately and that any pre-paid fees for an unused portion of your service term shall be refunded to you within a reasonable period of time.
- The Services are provided through an infrastructure which is shared by all users of the Services. Your use of the Services may be throttled or suspended indefinitely if your use of the Services degrades the ability of us to provide the Services to other users of the Services.
- You acknowledge that email and/or online communication systems (chat, account notices, etc.) will be the primary means of communication between yourself and us. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to maintain a current email address and physical mailing address in your contact information. You further agree that you will regularly login to your account to obtain any notices posted through the Services Interface. You agree that your failure to respond to a communication from us may result in suspension or cancellation of Services without any refund of pre-paid fees, if any.
- You acknowledge that we are not obligated to return any data to you upon termination of this Agreement. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to download, make copies of, and/or backup all data residing on the servers and other equipment which provide the Services and to do so within the bandwidth limitations of the Services. You acknowledge that any loss or corruption of data which occurs due to an interruption in the Services, regardless of the cause of the interruption, shall not be the responsibility of us and that you may, following an interruption in the Services, be required to upload the data to the servers and other equipment which provide the Services.
- You represent and warrant as follows: that a) you are lawfully entitled to use, display, possess, or access the data uploaded, linked to, framed, or otherwise posted on your website by you and/or by the users of your website; b) that your website and your use of the Services will not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party; c) that your website and your use of the Services will not violate any laws, including, without limitation, laws relating to unsolicited commercial email, child pornography, collection of identifying information, consumer protection, and privacy; d) that neither you nor those who access your website will upload any worms, virus, or malicious code to the servers which provide the Services; and e) that your website and your use of the Services will not subject us to any claims by any third party, including claims relating to infringement of intellectual property rights or claims relating to the products or services which you may provide or offer through the website hosted through the Services.
- You further represent and warrant that you will not allow any unauthorized third party to access the account which you use to access the Services.
- EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR UNPLANNED SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS: You agree that any unplanned or unannounced interruptions in the Services shall not require a remedy unless such unplanned or unannounced interruptions exceed 24 hours in any 30 day period, in which case you agree that the exclusive remedy shall be a credit toward 24 hours of hosting for each 24 hour period of unplanned or unannounced interruptions, and that such credit shall exclusively be applied against the fees owed for your next period of hosting, if any, or shall be exclusively be accomplished by adjusting the end of your then-current Service term.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY (A) SUSPENSION OR LOSS OF THE SERVICES, EXCEPT TO THE LIMITED EXTENT THAT A REMEDY IS PROVIDED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT; (B) INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS; (C) ACCESS DELAYS OR ACCESS INTERRUPTIONS TO THE WEB SITE(S) PROVIDED THROUGH OR BY THE SERVICES; (D) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM ACTS OF GOD; (E) DATA NON-DELIVERY, MIS-DELIVERY, CORRUPTION, DESTRUCTION OR OTHER MODIFICATION; (F) EVENTS BEYOND OUR CONTROL; (G) THE PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR THE SERVICES; OR (H) LOSS OR LIABILITY RESULTING FROM THE UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF YOUR ACCOUNT IDENTIFIER OR PASSWORD. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS) REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF US EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE SERVICES FOR A ONE-MONTH PERIOD, BUT IN NO EVENT GREATER THAN ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100.00). BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF US SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- INDEMNIFICATION: YOU AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD US, OUR CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS AND AFFILIATES HARMLESS FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES AND COURT COSTS, FOR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ARISING UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, INFRINGEMENT BY YOU OR SOMEONE ELSE USING YOUR COMPUTER, OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY, OR FROM THE VIOLATION OF ANY TERM OR CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT. WHEN WE MAY BE INVOLVED IN A SUIT INVOLVING A THIRD PARTY AND WHICH IS RELATED TO THE SERVICES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, WE MAY SEEK WRITTEN ASSURANCES FROM YOU IN WHICH YOU PROMISE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US HARMLESS FROM THE COSTS AND LIABILITIES DESCRIBED IN THIS PARAGRAPH. SUCH WRITTEN ASSURANCES MAY INCLUDE THE POSTING OF PERFORMANCE BONDS OR OTHER GUARANTEES. YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE SUCH ASSURANCES MAY BE CONSIDERED A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY YOU.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS NOR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, UNLESS SUCH REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES ARE NOT LEGALLY EXCLUDABLE. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement, your rights and obligations and all actions contemplated by this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the United States of America and the State of Washington, as if the Agreement was a contract wholly entered into and wholly performed within the State of Washington. You agree that any action to enforce this Agreement or any matter relating to your use of the Services shall be brought exclusively in the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, or if there is no jurisdiction in such court, then in a state court in King County, Washington state. You consent to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of any state or Federal court in King County, Washington state in relation to any dispute arising under this Agreement. You agree that service of process on you by us in relation to any dispute arising under this Agreement may be served upon you by first class mail to the address listed by you in your contact information or by electronically transmitting a true copy of the papers to the email address listed by you in your contact information.
I read & accept all terms & conditions on stiffgroup.com/tc and I understand my signature is not required.